Some assets are available for purchase as part of a draw. A draw is a type of sales that allows multiple buyers to enter their offer in a collective pool. In a draw, a limited amount of assets are sold at a fixed price and the system randomly selects who receives it. You can identify assets that are available in a draw because they are marked as a “Draw” and display the Buy button.
Here’s how it works:
- Draws are Live (or open) for a limited period of time. Times start and end in EST.
- As soon as the draw closes, the system randomly selects the winner. Note that the time you enter does not matter because all users are randomized when the draw closes.
- If you pay by credit or debit card, you can only enter one time per draw.
- If you use money from your account balance, you can enter multiple times as long as you have sufficient money to cover all the draws.
- When the winner is notified, their account is automatically charged.
Before you begin
- Verify that at least one payment method is linked to your account.
- Navigate to the asset you want to buy. The status of the draw must be marked as Live.
- When a draw is Live, click Enter. You will see the remaining time the draw will be open.
- Select your payment method.
What happens if my payment fails?
If your payment fails, you will receive an email message requesting that you update your payment method, and then reprocess your payment. You will have a short timeframe to complete the purchase. If you miss the window, the asset will be offered to the next collector in line.
To reprocess your payment follow these steps:
- Update your payment method.
- Then, select My Account > Transactions > Finance.
- In the Pending purchases section, retry the transaction.
Refer to Viewing pending payments to learn more.