To ensure that you are who you say you are, we use Onfido ™. Onfido is a trusted third-party vendor that securely stores your data in compliance with GDPR and other financial and data security regulations.
Before you begin
Before you begin the identity verification process, make sure of the following:
- You are the primary owner of the payment methods linked to your account.
- Your profile name matches the name on your payment methods.
- You have a valid passport or national ID, driver’s license, or identity card.
- You have your cell phone.
To verify your identity:
- Select My Account > Profile.
- Next to your name, click Verify.
- Enter your first and last name, and then click Next.
- On the next screen, click Choose Document and select one of the following documents:
- When prompted, use your phone to take a live photograph of the document and upload it to the system.
- Click Continue on your phone to be redirected directed to a page with a secure link
- Scan the QR code with your phone, and follow the prompts to complete the process. If you cannot scan the QR code, copy the link directly or get the link via SMS.
- Using your phone, take a clear picture of the front and back of your documents.
- Click the Upload button to return to your computer session.
- Now, take a selfie with your phone or webcam. Make sure the photograph is clear and with proper lighting.
- When you receive a confirmation on your computer, click Continue.
- You will be notified that the documents were properly uploaded and no further actions are required.