By default, the maximum amount you can purchase is $3000 for each credit card, debit card, and bank account linked as your payment method. To make larger purchases, you can request a limit increase by completing the verification processes described in this article.
Before you begin
- Verify that at least one payment method is linked to your account.
Increase credit or debit card payment limit
To increase credit or debit card payment limits, your identity must be verified through the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. Most financial institutions use this process as an extra measure of security to ensure that customers are who they say they are. For instructions, see Verifying your identity.
Increase wire transfer limit payment limit
To increase your wire transfer payment limit, you must complete the proof of money process. This ensures that you have enough money to cover your purchases. We use Silent Data, a third-party processor, to verify your money in a secure, confidential environment where no one can access your sensitive data (not even us).
Important: Make sure you have added a bank account as a payment method.
- Select My Account > Payment.
- In the Wire transfer section, click Increase limit.
- When prompted, select I agree to the terms and conditions, and then click Connect to my bank.You will be asked to log into your bank to process the verification. We will perform this check using open banking in a confidential enclave environment where your data cannot be accessed by anyone, not even by us.
- Click Continue, and then select your bank.
- Enter the username and password you use to log into your bank account, and then click Submit.
- Select the bank accounts you want to link for wire transfers.
- Click Continue after your account is successfully linked.
- Click Close Window to return to the Payment methods page. The payment limit will be updated to the new amount. Click View Proof to see your proof of money certificate.